Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blogs For Educational Leaders


Besides the obvious benefit of modeling the significance of written expression, blogs can serve as a very useful tools for educators--specifically educational leaders.

Blogs can serve as an interactive learning diary that allows aspiring ed leaders to
  • Reflect on their learning process chronologically
  • Participate in an interactive discussion with peers, reading and responding to comments
  • Use images and links to enrich the journal entries
Blogging in an academic fashion is a personal first for me.  For years, I've used online networking and media to document my personal life.  I've never though about blogging academically until just recently.  I'm excited to see how blogging will enrich my learning experience as an aspiring educational administrator.

I'm re posting this link below for those not familiar with blogs:

Blogs In Plain English 

2 comments:

  1. Love your use of graphics to liven the blog up. I'm planning on doing the same eventually. A question for you: As a journalism teacher, do feel like blogging is something you could incorporate into your classroom for the students, teaching them to blog about current events or follow a topic? I've thought about doing this in my classroom, and I am curious to know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea! I've been wanting to play around with the idea of having students blog but our school district blocks many blogging sites. To my surprise, blogger.com isn't!

    I'm thinking of introducing the idea to my students this month, but something to consider is constantly monitoring for inappropriate postings or comments.

    I'm mostly excited about getting them to start photo blogs as a way to showcase their photography.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete